Sun, Apr 02|
Create Escape Studio
Fused Glass 101 - April Workshop
Learn the basics of working with glass to create a beautiful functional or decorative piece.
Time & Location
Apr 02, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM EDT
Create Escape Studio, 143 West St, New Milford, CT 06776, Door U
About the event
The perfect beginner or refresher class.
Start with a clear glass shape and learn how to cut and arrange different types of glass pieces into a design.
Designs are then fired in our kiln to fuse together and shape.
The course includes safety instructions as well as an overview of how to use the tools required to complete your project. We will show you several example projects and then you'll have the rest of the class to experiment and complete your design.
Glass Fusing projects are typically ready for pick-up after 2 weeks. (You will be contacted when they are done.)
We do not allow food and drink at the table during glass session.
What to Expect:
- a fun & relaxed atmosphere
- professional introduction to the medium
- cutting and shaping of scrap glass to create a design
- you will create a suncatcher, votive or small trinket dish
What You'll Get:
- introductory instruction from a member of our staff
- clear square glass base large enough
- kiln firing
- 1.5 hour session
- safety goggles (or glasses) must be worn during the class
- closed toe shoes required
- this class is appropriate for ages 12+
- pre-registration is required