Sun, Aug 13|
Create Escape Studio
Fused Glass Succulents
Create a beautiful succulents from glass.
Time & Location
Aug 13, 12:30 PM – 2:00 PM EDT
Create Escape Studio, 143 West St, New Milford, CT 06776, Door U
About the event
Create Fabulous Fused Glass Succulents
Using a variety of sizes, shapes, color,s and transparency of glass, you will cut out shapes and create unique succulent designs.
Each succulent will be on a clear stem so that it can be planted into a terracotta pot and topped with stones to create a lovely glimmering succulent garden pot.
Designs are then fired in our kiln to fuse together
The workshop will begin with an overview of safety instructions as well as an overview of how to use the tools required to complete your project. We will show you example projects and then you'll have the rest of the class to experiment and complete your design.
Projects are typically ready for pick-up after 1 week. (You will be contacted when they are done.)
We do not allow food and drink at the table during glass sessions.
What to Expect:
- a fun & relaxed atmosphere
- professional introduction to the medium
- cutting and shaping of scrap glass to create a design
- you will create succulent designs
What You'll Get:
- introductory instruction from a member of our staff
- glass to complete your project
- kiln firing
- Terracotta pot with foam for arranging
- decorative stones to cover foam
- 1 - 1.5 hour session
- safety goggles (or glasses) must be worn during the class
- closed toe shoes required
- this class is appropriate for ages 12+
- pre-registration is required